Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Halloween Wedding Lanterns

There's a Halloween Wedding happening in Connecticut!   After seeing my friend Nancy's Christmas card post at What's On My Kitchen Counter I thought I would just go ahead and show you what I made for a friend of mine who is getting married Halloween!   She happens to love Halloween and skulls so I just went with it.  Her colors are orange and black with a hint of purple.  NOTE:  Just want to clarify that this is the Sizzix Tim Holtz Luminary die.
This was created with the Sizzix Lantern die.  It was cut first with lightweight chipboard then covered with paper.  I made the roses using distress stain.  The windows are all acetate smudged with black ink.  You can see the little tea light lit in the window.
Spooky little purple gem spiders accent the lantern along with rhinestone gems. 
The wedding couple is a newly release CottageCutz die.  Their dancing in the grave yard. 
The back this centerpiece has a little pumpkin and another spider.  The lantern is mounted on a altered laughing cow cheesebox that has been applied to a black painted candlestick holder.  Ruffled trim and pearls cover the box along with a punched fence from Martha Stewart.
Till Death Do Us Part is an appropriate sentiment for the theme of this wedding centerpiece.  It looks really cool lit up.  I just love it. 

And yes, I made two to place on the head table.  When working on these I loved it so much I would light it up to enjoy how it looked.  My friend has already received these.  She loved them.  I will have a couple more things to show you that I sent to her.  Thanks for stopping by.  If you have any questions about this project, I would be happy to answer them.  Happy Crafting!


12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Oh My is right, this is fantastic!!!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is super fantastic Carol so beautiful made its stunning.

gr karin

Marisa Job said...

Wow! This is stunning!!!

Sherri said...

I think everyone is in agreement! WOW seems to be the only word that comes to mind! This is just spectacular. There is no other way to discribe it. Your friend must be LOVING you!!

Nan G said...

Carol, this is so cool !!! What a fab idea for a wedding! I'll have to find that sizzix die.

Nan G said...

p.s. Carol, do you have the sizzix number for this lantern die? Many thanks!

Cibele Glazer said...

This is just amazing!!!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow! These are gorgeous! So many super fun details! You are the queen of table decorations - I have never seen anyone come close. I always wondered how someone would use the lantern die and now I wonder how did I live without it. I find that is true with a lot of things I have learned from you. Beautiful work - exciting work - inspiring work with the 42,000 awesome details. I miss you my friend. I know you have a lot going on but we need to find a way to catch up! Hugz - zillions of them.

Shirley said...

Okay, I have to tell you, Carol, that this brought smiles. I thoroughly think you are one creative lady and she will treasure this. Who could guess Halloween and so lovely too!

Donna Ellis said...

Could you possibly be any more imaginative? NOT! Wow! Love the skeleton fingers and rings, and the amazing assortment of "decor" added to these centerpieces. The happy couple will be thrilled. The colors in your flowers intensify the rest of the items. You are so special in how you think of each person, what will make them happy, and then stud it with rhinestones! Love this, Carol. Your Happy Birthday project below is wonderful, too. Hope you are doing well. I have missed visiting your happy blog. hugs, de

Colleen Dietrich said...

These. Are. FABULOUS!

Of course your friend loved 'em...they are amazing, Carol. And aren't you glad that we can now use little battery-operated candles, instead of the real deal? Paper crafts like this just wouldn't be the same after one use!

Rozani said...

Bootiful! Absolutely inspirational.